Sunday, May 21, 2006

Thanks for the rain!

"Yet He has not left Himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; He provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.'" Acts 14:17


Can you tell it's been raining today? Not just raining but pouring! It's hard to be thankful for the rain when you feel all cold and clammy because you're clothes are sticking to you! Britain has such a negative reputation for rain but where would we be without rain? Would anyone honestly prefer it if it never rained? You couldn't go for a walk in it, there would be nothing to cool you down after a hot spell, we'd have no rivers, we wouldn't have drinking water, plants wouldn't grow etc etc. (notice the more important things come later!)

Rain shouldn't make people feel down, it should make them happy and thankful that we get rain at all! - God is revealing something of Himself to us even in rain! I will endeavour to no longer sing: rain, rain go away, come again another day but sing rain, rain stay here, and come again another day!

3 comments:

Katita said...

I LOVE RAIN
I LOVE DANCING IN IT
I LOVE THE SOUND OF IT
I LOVE THE FEEL OF IT ON MY FACE
I LOVE RAIN!

There you go, my tribute to the rain! Thank you God for rain!

Amie said...

what a lovley optomistic post, thanks Nic. Rain is fun. We did get wet but it was worth it, even though my shoes have now shrunk from getting so wet.

Helen said...

you should do and interpretive dance kat...!!!